Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Track Notes, 5/16/12

Just a quick note today .... I will send an itinerary for the state meet tomorrow.  Coach Neisler and I will make room and ride assignments tonight at practice.

Briefly, Coach Neisler, and I will drive tomorrow.  Assistant Athletic Director Bonnie Serone will accompany the team and act as a chaperone for the girls dorm area.  Coach Simple will attend Friday and Saturday.   We plan to leave at 12 tomorrow and should be back around 6p on Saturday night.  If you plan to attend the meet and take your athlete home (after the meet ends), please be sure to send me a note prior to tomorrow at 10a.  I will not have access to e-mail while at this meet so if you need to get in touch with me, my number is 309/310-3018.  Please feel free to call or text me if you need to contact me.

We are planning an end of the year picnic rather than a formal banquet this year.  Please reserve Tuesday, May 29th from 5p to 8p for this season ending event.  We will eat, play and present awards to the athletes.  I will send more details next week after the state meet rush is over!

Hope to see as many of you as possible to support our girls this weekend.  This is the largest group we have taken for quite a few years and are excited to see them compete!  I promise, if you make the trip, you will not be disappointed in this event.  Very well done with some of the best high school athletes in the country competing for a championship, records and PR's.  It is everything good about track and field on display for three days.  A live version and the very definition of the "Wide World of Sports" theme," the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat".  Hard to love sport and not love this!  (One of the best days off you'll ever take!)    Can't wait!

Be sure your athlete is drinking plenty of water!


Quote of the Day:

"Not all those who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien