Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Track Notes, Sectionals

Below is the route I took to Macomb last night for the Sectional meeting.  The second half of this route is a two lane highway although most of the route has paved shoulders.  Once you get to Rt 136, it is a two lane with gravel shoulders.  If you want a map, I used Google Maps and typed in the starting point of 500 West Gregory, Normal, IL and the destination as Macomb High School.  It gives two alternative routes but these directions were the recommended route.  It took me about 2 1/4 hours to make the drive but may be longer depending on traffic on the two lanes.  

The track has recently been re-surfaced and the viewing areas for field events are adjacent to the track, just behind the stands.   Only those athletes competing can be in the infield area
... all other fans and athletes need to be outside the fenced area. 

Reminder, if you plan to take your athlete home with you or
want your athlete to ride home with another parent, I must have an e-mail or note from the parent/guardian.  Please do not send the e-mail after tomorrow morning at 10a ... I will not have e-mail access after that time. 

After seeing the sectional seed sheets, I am excited to watch our girls compete.  We have excellent competition and have the opportunity to advance in several events.  Your positive support (and a little patience with their nerves) is the best help you can give your athlete at this time.  I am confident we are prepared to have our best meet of the year. We're optimistic and very hopeful, certainly glad to be the coaches of these athletes.  Hope to see you tomorrow in Macomb,  the garden spot of someone's heart, I'm sure.  If you have questions, please let me know.

Quote of the day:
" Stepping outside the comfort zone is the price I pay to find out how good I can be. If I planned on backing off every time running got difficult I would hang up my shoes and take up knitting.
"
Desiree Davila


Driving directions to Macomb Senior High School:
University High School
500 Gregory Street
Normal, IL 61761
1. Head west on Gregory St toward N Main St
7 ft
2. Take the 1st right onto N Main St
1.5 mi
3. Take the Interstate 55 S ramp to Saint Louis
0.4 mi
4. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-55/US-51/I-74 E/Decatur/St Louis/Indianapolis and merge onto I-55 S
1.1 mi
5. Take exit 163 to merge onto I-74 W toward Peoria
28.0 mi
6. Take exit 99 on the left to merge onto I-474 W toward Moline-Rock Island/Pekin
7.9 mi
7. Take exit 6A to merge onto US-24 W/SW Adams St toward Bartonville
Continue to follow US-24 W
36.6 mi
8. Turn left onto IL-100 S/US-24 W/S Main St
Continue to follow IL-100 S/US-24 W
4.6 mi
9. Turn right onto US-136 W
21.4 mi
10. Turn left onto US-136 W/County Rd 1200 N
Continue to follow US-136 W
5.9 mi
11. Turn left onto US-67 S/E 1500th St/County Rd 1500 E
0.6 mi
12. Turn right onto N 1150th Rd/County Rd 1150 N
Continue to follow N 1150th Rd
1.8 mi
13. Continue onto E Grant St
1.2 mi
14. Turn left onto E 1200th St/Co Rd 16/S Johnson St
0.3 mi

Macomb Senior and Junior High School
1525 South Johnson Street
Macomb, IL 61455