The meet gave every healthy athlete a chance to participate and I certainly appreciate Eureka High School being an accommodating host to our large team and multiple entries.
Congratulations to our girls who placed first in the four team meet. We had event winners in the 100 Hurdles (Chante), 100M Dash (Erika), 200M Dash(Spencer), 400M Dash (Sydney B), 800M Run(Sydney B), 1600M Run (Madigan), 300M Hurdles (Kara), 4 x 100 (Erika, Spencer, Micayla, Chante), 4 x 400 (Erika, Micayla, Jasmine, Chante), 4 x 800 (Sydney B, Shannan, Ashley, Alexandra), High Jump (Dasha), Triple Jump (Jasmine), Shot Put (Gabi) and Discus (Gabi). We also had multiple athletes score points by placing in the meet, which is encouraging and a key to team success.
The second and last order for team warm ups this year are due this Friday. The set includes the jacket, pant, hat and spike bag and orders are only for the entire set ... no partial orders. The order form was handed out again this week and the coaches have extras. The price is $69 and checks should be made out to Karonji Carr.
I have attached information for the Metamora Meet this Saturday below. Event assignments will be made tomorrow.
Metamora Co-Ed Invitational
Saturday, April 6, 2013
10:00 am Start Time - Both Track & Field Events
Entries: 2 entries per event – 1 relay team.
All events are finals-no prelims
Concessions: There will be concessions at the meet.
Admission: Adults $4, Student $2
General Info: An athlete cannot run in the same relay at both levels, Varsity and F/S.
- No tape is allowed on the track or runways.
- Runners must use ¼” spikes.
- ALL events will be scored equally – 10-8-6-4-2-1.
- Girls running events will be ran first except the straight hurdle race.
- The LJ and TJ will be cafeteria style
- Each LJ and TJ jumper will be allowed 3 jumps. No finals.
- Shot put and discus will be allowed 4 throws. No finals.
- No camps on the infield. No one is allowed on the infield area, or track after meet begins. Please stay off the football field.
Order of Running Events
G 3200R F/S
B 3200R F/S
G 400R F/S
B 400R F/S
G 800R F/S
B 800R F/S
G 1600R F/S
B 1600R F/S
G 1600R F/S
B 1600R F/S
"Believe in yourself, know yourself, deny yourself and be humble."
Olympian John Treacy's Four Principles of Training.