The assignments were handed out at yesterday's practice ... it was our intention to run all available athletes at this meet and many are running more than one event.
The meet starts at 4:30p. There will be NO early dismissal from school. Athletes are to be dressed and ready for the bus as soon as possible after school ends. The bus will leave no later than 3:10p.
A few reminders ...
- No athlete is to have any electronic device on the track or infield at any time at the meet.
- Athletes are not to have any jewelry or wrist bands on during their competition.
- Keep uniforms in your bag and out of sight when not wearing them.
- Phones have VERY LIMITED use at the meet. They can be used to contact a parent, when necessary, or to take an occasional photo but are not to be used to chat with or text friends, scan the internet, etc ...
- All athletes riding on the bus will be required to ride home on the bus unless I have a note signed by a parent stating they will be riding home with that parent or the athlete has permission to ride home with another parent. (Athletes will be able to call parents from the bus for a ride once we have a good estimation as to our return time.)
It has been a long "pre-season" and are looking forward to starting our outdoor season. Our athletes have worked hard, practicing in a challenging environment at times (weather, facilities and competing interests). I am confident this team will be prepared to compete despite these challenges.We hope to see many of you at the meet!
Our next meet will be on Saturday, April 6 at the Metamora Invitational. Entries for this meet are limited. Assignments will be made and announced by Thursday evening.
Quote of the Day:
"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."
PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian