Please be sure all athletes bring outdoor training gear to every practice. I admit to some frustration to the fact I still have athletes acting surprised when I say we are going outside during practice. I have emphasized this nearly every day since we started but ... All should bring sweatpants, sweatshirt, hat, gloves and a long sleeve shirt in their bags to be prepared for all types of weather. I'm hoping for great weather too but we need to be ready for all types of weather.
We have two meets this Saturday, March 21. The schedules are attached.
First is the Gene Armer Invitational in Urbana. Athletes assigned to this meet will meet at U- High at 6:30a and will leave promptly at 645a. (Please be on time ... we do not hold the bus) If you are going to the meet to watch and are planning to take your child home with you, please remember to sign your daughter out using the sign out book which will be at the camp. We are responsible for getting all athletes home safely and if they are missing when it comes time to leave for home, we cannot leave until we have accounted for all athletes. If you want your child to ride home with another adult/parent, we need a note from you giving them permission. If there is no note, they must ride home on bus. Athletes are not allowed to ride home from a out of town meet with another student. Please help us keep these rules and all athletes safe. Athletes should be prepared to stay the entire meet unless excused.
All athletes, despite which meet they are assigned, should bring snacks, water, extra clothes and money for food. (Some meets sell shirts too)
The assignments for Gene Armer are listed below:
- Women's 60m Dash: Mathieson, Micayla:
- Women's 200m Dash Open: Gilbert, Nia
- Women's 400m Dash Open: Walker, Carrington
- Women's 800m Run: Supan, Shannan
- Women's 1,600m Run: LaFayette, Ashley:
- Women's 60m Hurdles: Stonewall, Chante
- Women's 4 x 200m Relay: (Gilbert,Mathieson,Smiley,Stonewall)
- Women's 4 x 400m Relay: (Nanni,Walker,Reeves,Landess)
- Women's 4 x 800m Relay: (Supan,Nanni,Landess,LaFayette)
- Women's Pole Vault: Reeves, Katie
- Women's Long Jump: Styczynski, Michelle:
- Women's Triple Jump: Styczynski, Michelle: ND
- Women's Shot Put: Sapp, Madison
There is no bus for this meet. Field events start at 10a and running events start at 10:30a. Athletes assigned to Field events should be there by 9a, runners should be there by 930a.
All other athletes, unless excused, should be there by 10a. Athletes are not to leave the meet unless they have been excused by a coach.
- Women's 60m Dash: McDowell, Janelle; Smith, Aubrie
- Women's 200m Dash: Seaver, Lauren; Raycraft,Katherine
- Women's 400m Dash: Mosley,Brooklyn, Kiefer, Hanna
- Women's 800m Run: Bacon, Jacqueline; Madix, Riley
- Women's 1,600m Run: Kamatar, Advika; Shepherd, Ally
- Women's 60m Hurdles: Sapp, McKenna; Henry, Kara
- Women's 4 x 200m Relay:(Feely,Rowe,Tulley,Ludwig)
- Women's 4 x 400m Relay:(Baker,Tulley,Madix,Mosley)
- Women's 4 x 800m Relay:(Kamatar,Madix,Bacon,Shepherd)
- Women's High Jump: Rowe, Lexie
- Women's Pole Vault: Sapp, McKenna; Seaver, Lauren
- Women's Long Jump: Kinsella, Danielle; Matchett, Katelyn
- Women's Triple Jump: Henry, Kara; Kinsella, Danielle
- Women's Shot Put: Halman, Synclaire; Baker, Jessica
Hope to see you cheering for your favorite athlete! Go Pioneers!