Athletes should be at school tomorrow at 7:45a, Bus leaves at 8a. Athletes are expected to be at the meet until it ends. We have 42 athletes to keep track of ... help us ensure their safety by remembering these team rules. For those athletes with permission from Coach Neisler or I to leave early, there will be a sign out book by the team camp. All athletes leaving with a parent must be signed out by the parent ... I need to be sure all athletes are accounted for before leaving the meet. If your child is leaving to come home with another parent, I must have an e-mail or text from the parent stating their permission to ride with another parent. I appreciate how well this worked during the first meet ... so thank you!
Metamora Co-Ed Invitational
Saturday, April 12, 2014
10:00 am Start Time - Both Track & Field Events
Team Awards: Trophy for 1st boy’s team, 1st girl’s team, 1st overall.
Concessions: There will be concessions at the meet.
Admission: Adults $4, Student $2
- An athlete cannot run in the same relay at both levels, Varsity and F/S.
- No tape is allowed on the track or runways.
- Runners must use ¼” spikes.
- ALL events will be scored equally – 10-8-6-4-2-1.
- Girls running events will be ran first except the straight hurdle race.
- The LJ and TJ will be cafeteria style
- Each LJ and TJ jumper will be allowed 3 jumps. No finals.
- Shot put and discus will be allowed 4 throws. No finals.
- No camps on the infield. No one is allowed on the infield area, or track after meet begins. Please stay off the football field.
Order of Running Events
G 3200R F/S
B 3200R F/S
G 400R F/S
B 400R F/S
G 800R F/S
B 800R F/S
G 1600R F/S
B 1600R F/S
100M Danielle Baker, Jaida McDowell
200M Sydney Kneller, Jaida McDowell
400M Anna Trevarthan, Brianna Pinter
800M Sydney Billingsley, Madigan Landess
1600M Shannon Supan, Ashley LaFayette
3200M Shannon Supan, Lauren Rosenthal
110M HH Chante Stonewall, Kara Henry
300M LH Chante Stonewall
4 x 100 VR Nia Gilbert, Kara Henry, Spencer Smiley, Micayla Mathieson
4 x 100 FS * To be determined
4 x 200 VR Nia Gilbert, Spencer Smiley, Micayla Mathieson, Chante Stonewall
4 x 200 FS * To be determined
4 x 400 VR Sydney Billingsley, Leah Taylor, Danielle Baker, Nia Gilbert
4 x 400 FS * To be determined
4 x 800 VR Sydney Billingsley, Ashley LaFayette, Madigan Landess, Cassie Frank
4 x 800 FS No Entry
HJ Leah Taylor
PV Katie Reeves
LJ Brianna Pinter, Michelle Styczynski
TJ Kara Henry, Brianna Pinter
Shot Gabi Jacobs, Madison Sapp
Discus Gabi Jacobs, Jessica Baker
* I will decide on the FS relays today at practice and let them know to tell you. We seem to have several athletes nursing injuries and I want to be sure of their ability to participate before deciding and then having to make changes.
Next week we have two meets on Tuesday ... BHS Girl's JV invite and another meet in Clinton. JV Invite will be held at BHS and the athletes will need to have rides to BHS. A bus will take the others to Clinton. Those assignments will be made this weekend and I will let you know on Monday morning. We also have the BHS Relays on Friday night. This is Easter weekend so if your athlete will be out of town during this meet, please let me know as soon as possible as the entries have to be made by Tuesday.
Thanks to all of you for your help in ensuring the logistical success of these meets. Our supportive/flexible parents are very much appreciated.